Sunday, February 12, 2006

Wooden Nickels

Our pilot said his name was Wooden Nickels. I still do not know if it was a joke, but he did not sound the joking type. We were late taking off, but he made up time by rerouting us over White Sands Missile testing ground. Normally the military do not allow commercial traffic over White Sands, however on Sunday allowances were made. I always enjoy the shuttle ride from LAX to the Guest Center at Fuller. One never knows what landmark will be around the corner. In the Olympic spirit, I was able to see the L.A. Coliseum a beautiful palm tree lined view. We drove right by the Staple Center, and Dodger Stadium.

I look forward to the course which begins tomorrow "“Missional Leadership" with Alan Roxburgh and Mark Lau Branson. Alan (minister, author) has been in ministry for many years in growing North American Missional contexts. Mark Lau Branson is a pastor, whom Fuller brought on as full time faculty. My interest in this course and learning cohort is centered on thinking about our local American neighborhoods as mission fields of opportunity. Places where we can be Jesus to the world.

I am glad an excellent pilot named Wooden Nickels landed us smoothly and safely on the ground. I look forward to Alan and Mark helping me think of ministry on the ground.

No comments: