Friday, December 11, 2009

On the ground Istanbul

Our plane dropped out of the bright sky and into a black cauldron of
Istanbul at night. lights did not appear until just before the runway.
Lights if a city heading into a holy day and light if boats on the
Bosphorous River. We touched down at 5:20 pm. As I type the call to
prayer is being sung this will probably be the fourh of the five daily
prayers.

Already I could jump on a plane and return home having experienced
great conversations with our guides and with a professor I met on the
plane this is an amazing place. Tomorrow the sun will rise and the
black cauldron of mystery of this historic land will meet the light of
the son. Then I will actually see in the light what I've heard and
read from afar. A long night if sleep will be wonderful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So good to hear from you and know you are safe and already experiencing a time like no other in your lives. We love you and pray for you. Love, Dad and Mom