Friday, June 23, 2006

RIpped Vacation

Next week begins our vacation time. I have not taken any vacation time off since last year. I really have not had any time to think about vacation or what I will most enjoy, want to do or take along to read.

This date had been on my calendar for about six months. The original plan was to vacation in Colorado. We had a reservation. We planned to see friends. We planned to meet my parents and my sister and brother-in-law for a week away from everything a mile high. But then came the adoption. We canceled the Colorado trip in favor of an adoption party in Kansas at some undisclosed date. The entire family was thrilled.

That's when things fell apart. I got a call from Kelly one Friday that the mother had the baby early and was considering keeping the baby boy. We prayed. It was my son's idea. We prayed. The end result was that the birth mother chose to keep the baby.

No comments: